Job Title: Chef de Partie
Reporting to: Head Chef
Location: Pier 64, Penarth Marina
- To be responsible for a section of the kitchen, with responsibilities not limited to, preparing, cooking food on time, ensuring it meets the high quality standards set by the Head Chef.
- You will be encouraged to bring your ideas to menu planning sessions whilst also being responsible for your stock and ordering, and informing management what needs to be ordered.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Preparing, cooking and presenting dishes;
- Monitoring portions and waste control to maintain profit margins;
- Ensuring you and your team have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety;
- Work with the Head Chef to develop new dishes and menus;
- Managing and training any chefs working with you;
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination;
- Assist in positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and efficient manner;
- Perform any other duties outlined by the Head Chef.
- A minimum of 2 years of previous experience as a Chef de Partie or strong experience as a Chef;
- Level 2 Food Hygiene qualification or higher;
- The ability to demonstrate enthusiasm, drive and determination;
- Be competent in all sections of the kitchen;
- Be confident in dealing with high volume;
- Fresh food background;
- Excellent communication skills.
This is an exciting opportunity where the right candidate will progress and develop their culinary skills.
How to apply?
To apply for this role please send an email to email@example.com with the name of the vacancy you’re applying for, your full name, contact details, CV and covering letter.