Job Title: Kitchen Porter
Reporting to: Head Chef
Location: Pier 64, Penarth Marina
- To be responsible for the cleaning tasks of the kitchen and ensuring it meets the high quality standards set by the Head Chef.
- Oversee all cleaning duties, to ensure that the kitchen is clean and maintained to a high standard at all times.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Carrying out basic cleaning tasks within a fast working environment;
- Collecting and washing up pots and pans and operating the dishwasher machine;
- Cleaning crockery & cutlery and ensuring food preparation sites are clean and ready;
- Unloading equipment and food from deliveries, ensuring that the stock is correctly stored away;
- Ensuring the storeroom remains organised and clean at all times;
- Keeping the kitchen clean at all times, emptying bins and ensuring that all the equipment is put away correctly;
- Making sure work surfaces, floors and walls are always clean and sanitised.
- GCSE’s or equivalent preferred
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in a busy catering environment and be able to work as part of a team;
- Be competent in all sections of the kitchen;
- Be confident in dealing with high volume;
- Excellent communication skills;
- High standard of hygiene